For those of you in the Western Upper Peninsula we suggested checking out the annual Houghton & Hancock Bridgefest this weekend. However, that’s a long drive for those of you on the Eastern end of the Upper Peninsula. So another option is the 59th Annual Mackinac Island Lilac Festival.
You better make your plans fast! This weekend will be the end of the 10-day celebration, during Mackinac Island’s biggest festival of the year at the Upper Peninsula’s largest tourist attraction.
Here are just a few of the activities for the closing weekend:
- Bike tour
- Harbor cruise
- Beer tasting
- Comedy with Stu Stuart
- Garden Party: An Evening of Lilacs
- Epona & Barkus Parade
- 3rd Annual Mackinac Island Dog & Pony Show
- Tricky Dicky and the Spoonmen Live in Concert
- Barrington Children’s Choir Concert
- Scottville Clown Band
- Scottish Tattoo with Grand Traverse Drum & Pipe Band
- Lilac Festival Grand Parade
- And yes, of course there is all the fudge you can eat
Check it out. Always plenty to do in the Upper Peninsula. Stay tuned for more updates, and feel free to subscribe to stay up to date on what’s going on across the Upper Peninsula this summer.
Photo courtesy of jdurchen, on Flickr