Photo taken by yours truly overlooking Lake Michigan from US 2
We made our first sale at Yooper Steez on February 22nd, 2008. We’ve come a long ways since then.
Thanks to our awesome readers we have had a to of great feedback from Yoopers across the Upper Peninsula, the United States, and the world. Not to mention hundreds of visitors who simply love the U.P. We have also had the pleasure of educating people on a few things about the Upper Peninsula and continue to strive to bring fresh content to the site.
I thought I would take a minute to share a few statistics. In the last 3 months…
- RSS subscribers have increased by 46%
- Number of visitors have increased by 102%
- Search engine traffic has increased by 41%
A big thank you to everyone who has commented!
Comments lead to discussion and conversation on a blog and are one of the driving forces behind any blog. In the last three months Yooper Steez has seen a huge increase in people leaving comments. Thanks for taking interest.
Our top 10 commentors
- Ben Carlson
- Jen I.
- John Ellenich
- Barb and Lowell
- Nick T.
- Rachel F.
- Paul Pouttu
- Stephanie P.
Here are the top blog posts bringing in a lot of the comments and site traffic
- Ugliest Michigan Map Ever!
- The 8 Essential Winter Hats of a Yooper
- Power to the T-Shirt
- What Actually Constitutes “Northern” Michigan?
- Is this the Most Ridiculous “Yooper” Definition Ever?
- The Big Boy Graveyard: Rediscovered 7 Years Later
- “Big Louie” Moilanen, Once the Tallest Man in the World
- “Can you see to the other side of Lake Superior?”
- WLUC TV6 Gets a Facelift: What do you think of the new logo?
- Journey to the Top of the Mackinac Bridge
- Origin and First Use of the Word “Yooper”
- 2008 Mont Ripley Hot Dog Snocomp
Our Yooper Steez shirts have now been photographed in five of the seven continents: Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and South America. If you know anyone who’s going to Antarctica or Australia let us know! Thank you to everyone who has submitted photos and keep them coming!
Here are some highlights of where our shirts have traveled to.
- 30 Rock, New York City, NY
- Harvard, Cambridge, MA
- On a hot air baloon, Salem, NH
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, CA
- Portom, Finland
- Okavango Delta, Botswana
- Rosarito, Mexico
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Forbidden City, Beijing, China
- Innsbruck, Austria
- Budapest, Hungary
- The Giant Bean, Chicago, IL
- Garmisch, Germany
- Daytona Beach, FL
- Chancellorsville, VA
- Pike’s Peak, CO
Shipping across the world
We are proud to say that our t-shirts have now been shipped to 27 states. Take a look at our list. If you know someone in a state that’s not listed here, let’s see if we can get a shirt out that way!
To highlight a few of our sales you’ll be interested to know that shirts have gone to one NHL player, our very own Jeff Finger from Houghton, an army base in Afghanistan, and even a Vice President of the Travel Channel.
- North Carolina
- New Hampshire
- New York
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
In addition we are also proud to say we have shipped Yooper Steez shirts to five countries so far. But as you’ve seen earlier they have been photographed and traveled to many many more.
- Afghanistan Army Base